Feeling down? Is your soul weary? How’s your heart doing these days?
Mine is tender, ripped open, bleeding. Right now I’m feeling brokenhearted.
This week I’ve been silent. I haven’t shared anything on the Still Waters Instagram page or shared any devotional videos. I apologize for that and hope to get back on it next week! I’ll also be sharing with you the story of another disappointment which blindsided me and how it left my heart weary.
What do I do with this brokeness? I lay it at the feet of Jesus. I take a step back from everything that medicates our souls in the place of the Lord. I reevaluate and pray and let out all my tears.
Christian music helps. There are many songs that not only tell stories of the brokenhearted, but they also offer a solution for healing. They sing of encouragement and strength in weakness. The lyrics point to the Lord.
When facing heartbreak, we must trust Him who formed our hearts to piece them back together.
So, if you’re like me and this week is weighing heavy on your soul, or you just need a little extra encouragement, check out my ultimate playlist for mending a broken heart!
- Just be held by Casting Crowns. Favorite lyrics:”Your world’s not falling apart it’s falling into place. I’m on the throne, stop holding on and just be held.” Check out the music video here.
- Tell your heart to beat again by Danny Gokey. Favorite lyrics: “Let every heartbreak and every scar be a picture that reminds you who has carried you this far.” Check out the music video here.
- I am yours by Lauren Daigle. Favorite lyrics: “You are God over the storm and I am yours.” Check out the music video here.
- Trust in you by Lauren Daigle. Favorite lyrics: “When you don’t give the answers as I cry out to you, I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in you.”Check out the music video here.
- Broken together by Casting Crowns. Favorite lyrics: “Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete, could we just be broken together?”Check out the music video here.
- Breathe by Jonny Diaz. Favorite lyrics: “Let your weary spirit rest lay down what’s good and find what’s best.” Check out the music video here.
- Porcelain heart by Barlow Girl. Favorite lyrics: “Creator, only you take brokeness and create it into beauty once again.” Check out the music video here.
- Cry out to Jesus by Third Day. Favorite lyrics: “When you’re lonely and you feel like the whole world is falling on you, you just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus.” Check out the music video here.
- Give me Jesus by Fernando Ortega. I actually walked down the aisle to this song. It helped pull me through some of my darkest days so I thought it only fitting to be played as I walked down to better days filled with a marriage centered on Jesus. Favorite lyrics: “Give me Jesus, give me Jesus. You can have all this world, but give my Jesus.” Check out the music video here.
- Overcomer by Mandisa. Favorite lyrics: “You might be down for a moment, feeling like it’s hopeless that’s when He reminds you that you’re an overcomer.” Check out the music video here.
Next time you’re faced with heartbreak, disappointment, discouraging news, or just a plain ole crappy day, let these inspirational songs lift up your soul as you give your brokeness to the one who will glue you back together!
Comment below to let me know what you think of these songs and if you’d like to see more content like this post!