Ten things you need to know about me:
1. I’m obsessed with my new hair. It’s lightened up a bit with every wash so it’s not as purple/mahogany looking. I feel confident and fiery and like a new version of me.
- I’m also obsessed with hair buns right now. The double space buns are my jam…my space jam. I also love the half bun (which I swore I hated when the trend began) and you just can’t beat the ease and cuteness of a classic messy topknot.
- I LOVE the fall. Yet fall does not love me. Would you pray for me?
- Fall is realllyyyyyy hard for me. The season marks 3 full years of serious illness. October/November are the anniversaries of my major surgeries. October was the month we found my tumor, I withdrew from college, suddenly dropped my entire life & entered into the world of fighting to live.
- I struggle with depression & anxiety more than ever in the fall. The changing leaves & cooler temperatures bring a cloud over my soul. It forces me to remember hard things. Nostalgia can be such a thief.
- This morning I found my work badge from my internship at the Corvette Plant. I was employed there when my life turned upside down. I cried when I found it. How different I looked, how different I was…how different it all was.
- I’m itching to bake an assortment of treats with all the gadgets and pretty things we got as wedding gifts. I just don’t have the physical stamina right now.
- Lots of ideas are floating through my mind of material I want to write and someday publish. Journals, devotionals, studies, cookbooks, etc.
- We’re finally plugged into a life group at church and we love it. It’s awesome to have a community of friends in our age range to fellowship and praise Jesus with.
- Over the next month we will celebrate my brother’s birthday, our five year dating anniversary, our five month wedding anniversary, and the marriages of 2 sets of dear friends!
For everything good and bad, easy and hard, joyful and saddening, I praise Him.